Share Savings Accounts
Share Savings Account
Earn dividends daily on every dollar deposited. The SUAFCU Share Account is a dividend-bearing passbook savings account. Deposit earn dividends each day they are kept on the account. Each member must maintain a Share Account with a minimum $5.00 balance (the basic member share).
All Regular Share Accounts at the Credit Union carry life insurance of up to $2,000 at no cost to our members.
For further information click here for the Truth-in-Savings Disclosure.
Important account information
Your Share Account, designed for maximum accessibility, has certain withdrawal & transfer limits. Federal regulations classify transactions from your Share Account into two categories:
Unregulated Share Account transactions:
There are no monthly limits on the number of the following transactions:
- any in-person share transactions
- any by-mail share transactions
- any Night-drop share transactions
- automatic transfers from your Share Account to repay your loan
Regulated Share Account transactions:
- Overdraft transfers from your Share Account
- Telephone or fax transfer requests from your Share Account
- Web transactions online
- Auto transfers
- ACH (electronic funds transfers you authorize) from your Share Account
After your limit of six of the above transactions is reached, additional regulated transactions may be rejected or a fee assessed as per our fee schedule.