The 2022 Scholarship application period begins 4/1/22 and end 8/31/22.
- Scholarships awarded based on the applicant’s written essay or video essay.
- Scholarship Topic: "How would you change the image and services of Selfreliance FCU to make the credit union more attractive to younger people."
In addition to areas of change that you identify, consider including thoughts on the following: Optimization or minimalization of facilities, locations and online image.
Include in your goals: Suggestions on what services (to fulfill which needs) should be optimized or minimized, as well as thoughts on expanding membership. Please include any critiques or shortfalls present in the above areas.
- Only written essays up to approximately 1,200 words in length or video essays/ ads/ informational videos will be accepted.
- Video submissions my be of any length with a minimum 1080 resolution and may be created as an ad, documentary or informational/ investigative, vlog, interview, presentation, or review type video with the goal of enticing membership or promoting the credit union.
- Entry material consists of a fully-completed, signed ONLINE scholarship application including an uploaded essay or video link. If any portion of the application is incomplete or if any required documents are not included, the application may be rejected.
- Applicant must be either:
- A graduating high school senior at the time of application and entering his/her freshman year at an accredited college, university or tech/trade school on a full-time basis for the entire 2022/2023 academic year.
- A current college student at the time of application and entering his/her succeeding year at an accredited college, university or tech/trade school on a full-time basis for the entire 2022/2023 academic year.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. resident alien or studying on a Student Visa.
- Applicant must be an owner, joint owner or custodian account beneficiary on an account at Selfreliance FCU for a minimum of eighteen (18) months as of the application date and in good standing*.
- Applicant is eligible to be awarded only one (1) scholarship per academic year.
- Applicant agrees to accept the Scholarship Committee’s review and decision as final. If the number of eligible applicants is insufficient, as determined at the sole discretion of the Selfreliance Scholarship Committee, all scholarship awards may not be offered.
- Applicants must submit a photograph of themselves. Successful applicants will have their picture used in Selfreliance promotions and public social media posts.
- By submitting an application, student agrees to have his/ her likeness, name, Selfreliance FCU experience and status used in Selfreliance promotional materials.
- All submitted essays, videos and photographs will become the property of Selfreliance FCU.
- Selfreliance employees, board members, volunteers and members of their families are not eligible for this scholarship program.
- Scholarship rules and dates subject to change without notice.
Be sure to have the following materials ready to upload:
- Your completed essay or video essay link.
- Good quality color head and shoulders photo.
- Dated most recent school transcript of your GPA showing school info.
- Addresses of your current and upcoming school.
*A member in good standing is defined as a member not having a dormant or inactive account status, a negative share account balance and/or a delinquency on a Selfreliance FCU loan, mortgage or credit card.
**Scholarships awarded within six weeks of close of application period. Winners will be contacted directly via their supplied contact information. Only winners will be contacted. Form 1099 may be issued to recipient. Winner must be the primary owner of a Selfreliance FCU account in order to receive the scholarship award.