Become a Member
Why Apply for a Membership at Selfreliance FCU
Selfreliance Federal Credit Union is a member owned financial institution. Selfreliance FCU members enjoy benefits such as higher dividends on Savings and Share Certificates and low interest on loans. We offer most products big banks do without the high fees.
- VISA® Credit Cards with APR as low as 9.90%
- VISA® Debit Cards with access to +60,000 ATMs nationwide
- Online Banking and Mobile app with Remote Deposit Capture
- Bill pay to pay and manage all your bills in one place
- Checking Account receive your first 80 checks free!
- Digital Wallet compatible VISA® Cards
- And more...
Membership in Selfreliance Federal Credit Union is open to any person who is a member of the Selfreliance Association of American-Ukrainians, Inc. of Illinois/New Jersey or Future Ukrainian-American Aid Association of Detroit, Michigan. It's your choice which Association you choose to join. You'll need to pay a $5 membership fee to join.
How to Apply for Membership
Becoming a member of Selfreliance FCU is easy. With a minimum of $5 deposit to fund your Savings account and a $5 Association Membership, you can become a member. Visit any of our locations. You'll need the following information to become a member:
- Unexpired Government Issued Photo ID such as a Drivers License, State ID, Permanent Resident Card or Passport.
- Social Security Number or Tax ID Number
- Mailing Address where you currently reside.
- Funding account information such as account information from another institution, an existing Selfreliance FCU account or a check.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutios to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.