Selfreliance Federal Credit Union (FCU) takes great pride in helping our members strengthen their economic standing with our beneficial services. Recognizing that a good education is vital to being successful in life and that tuition costs are continuously rising, Selfreliance FCU is excited to continue our scholarship program in 2021 to empower our young members to pursue their career and educational goals.
The 2021 scholarship application period with open this spring. Please visit this page March 2021 for more information.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien.
- Applicant must be an owner, joint owner or custodian account beneficiary on an account at Selfreliance FCU for a minimum of eighteen (18) months as of the application deadline date (below) and in good standing*. At the time of awarding, the applicant must be the primary member on an account at Selfreliance FCU.
- Applicant must be either
- A graduating high school senior at the time of application and entering his/her freshman year at an accredited college, university or tech/trade school on a full-time basis for the entire 2021/2022 academic year.
- A current college student at the time of application and entering his/her succeeding year at an accredited college, university or tech/trade school on a full-time basis for the entire 2021/2022 academic year.
- Applicant is eligible to be awarded only one (1) scholarship per academic year.
- Entry material consists of a fully-completed, signed ONLINE scholarship application. If any portion of the application is incomplete or if any required documents are not included, the application may be rejected.
- Entry material will be reviewed by the Selfreliance Scholarship Committee. Applicant agrees to accept the Committee’s decision as final. If the number of eligible applicants is insufficient, as determined at the sole discretion of the Selfreliance Scholarship Committee, all scholarship awards may not be offered. In the event, there are insufficient entries in the video-based categories, the Selfreliance Scholarship Committee may choose to increase the number of essay-based scholarships.
- 2021 SUBMISSION AND OPEN APPLICATION DATES TBA.
- Applicants must submit a photograph of themselves. Successful applicants will have their picture used in Selfreliance promotions and public media posts.
- By submitting an application, student agrees to have his / her likeness and name used in Selfreliance promotional efforts.
- All essays, videos and photographs will become the property of Selfreliance FCU.
- Selfreliance employees, board members, volunteers and members of their families are not eligible for this scholarship program.
*A member in good standing is defined as a member not having a dormant or inactive account status, a negative share account balance and/or a delinquency on a Selfreliance FCU loan, mortgage or credit card.