- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien.
- Applicant must be a member or a joint owner on an account at Selfreliance FCU for a minimum of eighteen (18) months as of the application deadline date (below) and in good standing*. At the time of awarding, the applicant must be the primary member on an account at Selfreliance FCU.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior at the time of application and entering his/her freshman year at an accredited college, university or tech/trade school on a full-time basis for the entire academic 2020/2021 academic year.
- Applicant is eligible to be awarded only one (1) scholarship per academic year.
- Entry material consists of a typed, fully-completed, signed scholarship application. If any portion of the application is incomplete or if any required documents are not included, the application may be rejected.
- Entry material will be reviewed by a Selfreliance Scholarship Committee. Applicant agrees to accept their decision as final. If the number of eligible applicants is insufficient, as determined in the sole discretion of the Selfreliance Scholarship Committee, all scholarship awards may not be offered. In the event, there are no entries in the video and/or photograph-based categories, the Selfreliance Scholarship Committee may choose to increase the number of essay-based scholarships from three (3) up to a maximum of five (5) per service area.
- All entry material will be accepted from April 1, 2020. All entry material must be received by 5 P.M. Central Standard Time on May 1, 2020 and submitted by e-mail to email@example.com (email submissions must be acknowledged via return email), or mailed to the Selfreliance FCU Scholarship Committee at 2332 W. Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60622. Entry material that is hand-delivered or forwarded via facsimile to the Selfreliance main office or the branches will not be considered.
- Scholarship recipients will be asked to submit a photograph for publication in the public media.
- By submitting an application, student agrees to have his / her likeness and name used in Selfreliance promotional efforts.
- All essays, videos and photographs will become the property of Selfreliance FCU.
- Selfreliance employees, board members, volunteers and members of their families are not eligible for this scholarship program.
*A member in good standing is defined as a member not having a dormant or inactive account status, a negative share account balance and/or a delinquency on a Selfreliance FCU loan, mortgage or credit card.