Skip to main content

All Selfreliance FCU locations will be closed Wednesday, June 19th in observance of Juneteenth National Independence Day. All online services will be available. Enroll in Online Banking in 2 minutes here.

View our Holiday schedule here.

Business Solutions

Business Checking

Account features

  • No minimum balance
  • No per check transaction fees
  • No monthly fees

Account Security

Your checking account is insured with NCUA.

24/7 Digital Banking

Manage your accounts anywhere anytime and on any smart device, including Alexa.

Instant Money Transfers

Transfer funds between own accounts, to other members, or send cash with Zelle®.

Mobile Deposit

Deposit checks straight from our mobile app.

62,000+ Fee-free ATMs

Our network of fee free ATMs is larger than top three US banks combined.

Online Bill Pay

Make payments securely at or with your mobile app.


Transfer money across the country or around the globe without leaving your office.

See Schedule of Fees & Charges

What will you need to open a business account

If you are not our member, we invite you to discover the credit union advantage for your personal banking needs as well. Otherwise, you will need to join the Selfreliance Association. Business Accounts also require certain governance documents (the operational rules) for your business:

Sole Proprietorship
  • Valid photo ID
  • Your Social Security Number/Federal Tax ID Number (TIN) Letter or your Employer Identification Number (EIN) Letter
  • When the business name does not contain the owner’s full legal name, a Certificate of Assumed Name will be required.
  • Valid photo ID
  • Your Employer Identification Number (EIN) Letter
  • Partnership Agreement or Resolution
  • Certificate of Assumed Name, if applicable
  • Statement of Partnership Authority, if applicable
  • Valid photo ID
  • Your Employer Identification Number (EIN) Letter
  • Proof of filing from the State of formation (Articles of Incorporation for Illinois and Michigan corporations or Certificate of Formation for New Jersey corporations)
  • Corporate Resolution, if applicable
  • Bylaws, if available
Limited Liability Company
  • Valid photo ID
  • Multiple member LLC: your Employer Identification Number (EIN) Letter
  • Single member LLC: your Social Security Number or Employer Identification Number (EIN) Letter
  • Proof of filing from the State of formation (Articles of Organization for Illinois and Michigan LLCs or Certificate of Formation for New Jersey LLCs)
  • Operating Agreement, if available
  • LLC Resolution, if applicable
Organization or Association
  • Valid photo ID
  • Your Employer Identification Number (EIN) Letter or IRS 501 (c) tax determination letter for non-profit organizations
  • Bylaws
  • Meeting Minutes or Resolution naming current officers and their signatory powerss
  • Resolution, if applicable

Ready To Get Started?

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a beneficial owner?
A beneficial owner is any individual who directly or indirectly owns 25% or more of a business entity, and one individual with significant responsibility for controlling or managing the entity.
Why is beneficial owner information collected?
This information is collected to help the government fight financial crime. Federal regulation requires certain financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information about the beneficial owners of legal entity customers.
How does Selfreliance Federal Credit Union collect this information?
Legal entity businesses complete and sign the Certification of Beneficial Owners of Legal Entity Members form as part of the application package.
When is a beneficial owner form required for application with Selfreliance FCU?
Beneficial owner information must be collected whenever a business entity requests to open a new membership, deposit or credit account and when there is a change in ownership.
What types of business entities are required to provide beneficial owner information?
Legal entities must provide beneficial owner information when opening or applying for a new business account. Legal entities include corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, general partnerships, business trusts or any other entity created by a filing with a state office.
Are sole proprietors required to submit beneficial owner information?
No, sole proprietors are not legal entities and therefore not required to submit beneficial owner information.
What is a fictitious name certificate or certificate of assumed name, and where can I obtain a copy of mine?

States and localities may require the filing of a certificate to register a "doing business as" (DBA) name—also known as a trade name, fictitious name or assumed name. The secretary of state, county clerk or city hall where your DBA name was registered is often a good starting point for obtaining copies of your documents.

What is a Good Standing Certificate, and where can I obtain a copy of mine?

A Certificate of Good Standing, also known as a Certificate of Existence or Certificate of Authorization, is a state-issued document that shows that the entity is appropriately registered with the state and is in good standing. The secretary of state of the state in which your business was formed is most often where copies of your Good Standing Certificate can be obtained.

What is an EIN (Employer Identification Number), and where do I obtain a copy of my EIN?
An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a federal tax identification number and is used to identify a business entity. Go to and search "Misplace Your EIN".

APY - Annual Percentage Yield

Dividends accrue on accounts that have a minimum balance of $10

Instant Debit Card available at the following locations: Home office, Palatine, Cumberland and Warren branches.

back to top