Super Savers Club
Rewards Program for children under 18 and schools
Our program appeals to both parents & children
- Open a high yield Coverdell Education Savings* account, or a children’s custodian savings account, or an adult/minor joint account
- Save for your child’s education
- Teach your child financial literacy as a step toward developing a saving habit, which is so important in building a secure future
How to open an account
- Any adult can open an account for a child at any Selfreliance FCU branch
- You will need to provide: Address and Social Security Number of the beneficiary (for whom the account is being established), Address and Social Security Number of the Depositor (person establishing the account).
If your child is a student at a participating school, please inform the Member Services Representative opening the account to add the school ID
If your child already has an account at Selfreliance FCU, talk to a Member Services Representative so they can register your child as a Super Savers Club member
Children from any school can become members of Super Savers Club
Fun surprises !!!
- Every year, at the conclusion of the Christmas holidays (after January 19), winners from Super Savers accounts are chosen**
- Your child could win a gift card from Selfreliance FCU
- All Super Saver Club members can participate in the drawing, if they have an active account, with at least one deposit on the account between September 1st and January 19
Benefits for Schools
All schools that participate in the Super Savers Club program receive financial benefits from Selfreliance FCU at the end of the school year.
How it works
- The higher the number of students in the school that are members of the Super Savers Club, the greater the reward amount earned by the school.
- Better financing improves the educational level of the school.
- Schools with higher educational levels attract more students.
*Selfreliance Super Savers Club is a free program for new and existing members ages under 18. Ask to add “SuperSaver” designation to your account to be entered in seasonal drawings. Coverdell Education Savings account (CESA), custodian account, or an adult/minor joint account for children under 18 as of September 1 of the current program year to qualify to participate in this lottery. Prizes will be awarded after the close of the lottery qualifying period ending January 19 to winners at each school participating in the SFCU School Rewards program, and at each SFCU office. Winners and their guardians must agree to have winner’s name and likeness used for Selfreliance promotional purposes. Only one prize per member during this promotional period (gift card, music gift card, etc.). Previous winners ineligible unless otherwise determined. Winners will be notified by February 26. Board of Directors, committee members, employees and their immediate families are ineligible. Awarded prizes are determined by Selfreliance. For additional information regarding Selfreliance accounts and for minimum opening balances, please see our Truth in Savings Disclosure. Ask your tax advisor about the amount that you can contribute to your IRA or Coverdell ESA. Stop into any Selfreliance office or call our toll-free number, 888-222-8571 for more information on how you can benefit from a Selfreliance IRA or CESA!
**An IRS 1099 may be issued to winners of prizes valued at $10 or more. For additional information please contact your principal or visit any Selfreliance office.